Saturday, March 8, 2008







We went to the car show this morning and walked and admired old cars until our feet hurt and our bodies were tired. I felt like joining the old guy on the back of his truck for a drink.
Some cars were there last year but there are so many that you can't see them all in one day anyway. About 900 cars, not as many as last year but too many to admire all in 1 day.
I think Craig tried to take pictures of all of them, I wasn't that dedicated.
Mario Andretti was in a booth signing pictures so I had him sign one for me. The Cocopah Indian band was there with one of their slot machines and giving out free spins so I tried that and won a T-Shirt.
When we got home we were pretty proud of ourselves for putting a corned beef in the slow cooker before we left, all we need do is boil some cabbage and we have a corned beef & cabbage dinner ( first one this year ), and I realllly enjoy it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were there no Metropolitan, or VW'S there?

Anonymous said...

Waiting for your Mario Andretti autograph to be posted.
My only autograph is on a ticket i got once from a CHP, It was for doing my impersonation of Jackie Stewart.

Laurette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurette said...

Nice car show